**BETTER EDUCATION FOR ALL**
THROUGH THE USE OF HIGH QUALITY AUDIO-VISUAL EDUCATION PROGRAMS TRILINGUAL AND SUBTITLED.
A PROPOSITION BY DAMASO A. GARCIA GUZMAN
1 – OBJETIVE
The objective of the project is for schools, libraries, parents, and TEACHERS from all over the world, to have access to a standardized trilingual audiovisual education programs adapted to every culture and continent.
- Significantly improving the quality of Primary, Secondary, and Professional Technical education, which shall be proportioned in educational establishments in every country, with no consideration for political, religious, or historical bias.
- When teachers use these programs: their classes will be more entertaining and educative, and students will learn more and better, and end school with a higher level of knowledge, which will allow them to progress economically and socially in their life.
- Help students with hearing disabilities, thanks to subtitles, along with those who aren’t able to attend classes.
- Reduce the existing gap in culture and education; between those who can pay and assist a private education and those who can’t.
2 – THE TOOL
Today thanks to TECNOLOGY, we can make available to everyone these Educative audio-visual programs through the use of the internet, hard drives, etc. at a derisive cost. Schools can use them in their classrooms through the medium they esteem to be the most convenient.
3 – AUDIO-VISUAL PROGRAM CONTENT
- The first step can begin with 480 hours of support programs for primary and secondary education, and 320 hours of programs for technical-manual professions, themes relevant to general culture and healthy entertainment for students and their families.
- The second step would be to add documentaries, biographies, etc. approved for use in educational establishments.
- The programs can be translated in two languages chosen by the country, along with the country’s native language, and be subtitled in the three languages, thus students will have access to a multilingual education starting in kindergarten.
ADVANTAGES TO USING THE PROGRAMS
- Better memorization, Thanks to the possibility of multiple repetitions and being able to use these programs in libraries, along with the availability of subtitles and other languages.
- Protection against the risk of viruses, violence, contacting strangers and/or pornography, etc, which incur in students, when they use computers connected to the Internet.
- The costs of using these programs in the classrooms are a fraction of the cost of using computers connected to the Internet.
4 – HOW TO MATERIALIZE THIS PROJECT
FIRST STEP – Inform International organizations, Ministries of Education, and Foundations interested in combating underdevelopment and poverty; such as World Back, UNICEF, UNESCO and more of the advantages that would come from using these programs to improve education.
SECOND STEP – Get UNESCO to bring together representatives from the Ministries of Education of all the countries interested in the project to reach the necessary accords which would permit:
1°) Deciding through a commission of experts in education what subjects will be included in them, and,
2°) Create interest and train teachers in the use of these programs for their classes.
THIRD STEP – Make a International Bidding, to select the producer of these audio-visual programs who must make these programs within the established conditions. For example: Television channels and/or editorials dedicated to education, etc., such as: Spanish, Mexican, and English television, etc, the Espasa Editorials, Larousse, etc., to mention a few.
FOURTH STEP – Distribute the dubbed and subtitled programs to schools, colleges, libraries, etc., in all the participating countries.
EDUCATION PROJECT COST ANALYSIS
A S S U M P T I O N S:
- Average school = 600 students
- Years of schooling per student = 12 years
- A MEDIUM with which to display them within the classrooms.
- 800 hours of audio-visual education programs, dubbed and subtitled in three languages of the countries own choosing.
- The cost of producing a high quality program, including dubbing and subtitling in three languages is estimated to an average of 250.000 dollars.
- Minimum number of students that can benefit from these programs: 200 million; this is 20% of the current amount of students.
COST OF MAKING THESE PROGRAMS
- 800 hours de programs, at an average cost of 250,000 dollars per hour; this amounts to a total of 200 million dollars needed to produce the programs.
- These When used by at least 200 million students in a period of 12 years, it amounts to a cost of 8,33 cents per year, and one dollar, for the 12 years of schooling.
AVERAGE COST OF DISPLAY IN CLASSROOMS
- A school of 600 students with 20 classrooms would need 10 and/or 20 mediums to display them.
- 10 and/or 20 means of display, would have a cost of 1.200 and/or 2.400 dollars every 6 years.
- The total cost for 600 students, for the 12 years of schooling, is 2,400 and/or 4,800 dollars.
- This gives us a cost of only 33 and/or 67 cents per student annually.
C O N C L U S I O N
- Cost for making these programs for each student annually: 8,33 cents.
- Cost for classroom display for each student annually: 33 y/o 67 centavos de dollar.
- Annual cost per student: 41,33 and/or 75.33 cents (33 8,33 and/or 67 8.33).
- In other words, less than 1 dollar annualy, for each student.
“A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS”